Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hot for teacher

Did I just get any Van Halen fans to my blog? Sorry. This is about a teacher, not Van Halen!

My daughter is a freshman. She's extremely smart and was recommended for all AP classes. Because we thought she should have a life, we opted to put her in two and the rest normal classes. Her L/A class is actually a Comp class and requires a lot of reading. The book she's currently assigned to read is pretty boring by normal standards, I admit. But it's got to be read.

She lost the book. Swears it was last on her desk in her room. I suggested she borrow the book, check the library and ask the teacher for another one if the other options didn't work. She did the first two, but didn't bother to ask the teacher. Guess where her books been for the last two weeks? In her classroom. Her teacher's been waiting for her to ask for it. I emailed the teacher earlier today and let her know she'd lost the book only to find out some interesting information.

My daughter tried to cheat on a test.

My daughter tried to cheat on another test.

Both in the same class.

One would think the teacher would be upset and would initiate some sort of consequence for these actions, correct?

Nope. Not this teacher. Since my daughter is an excellent student, she is giving her a break. Which does nothing to teach my child a lesson.

Consequences from people other than her parents are so much more effective and this teacher blew the opportunity to teach a valuable lesson.

No comments: