Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Defiant Kids

I have a daughter who when she wants, can be the sweetest girl alive. Unfortunately it's not that often. She much prefers to lie and be a royal pain in the ass. She's 13 and it's not getting better, it's getting worse. I'm not sure what to do anymore. We've taken away just about everything we can and it's not worked. We have tried the rewards thing which personally, I think is a crock. It doesn't work. Take away the rewards and the behavior changes. Besides, life doesn't give rewards for things you should do.

I have to spend my time following her around making sure she does things like brush her teeth, wash her body in the shower, etc. How sad is that? She does her chores like shit and continues to do them that way even when she does them over and over again. I just don't get it.

I've reached a point of not knowing what to do and I'm considering sending her to a boot camp this summer. What else can I do?

No comments: